Carrying cash is risky, as one may end up losing the cash or, there can be pickpocketing or theft incidents as well. If this happens, one may end up losing their hard-earned money in an instant and, getting the same back does not have a bright chance as well. This is where prepaid cash cards can come real handy and helpful. If one does not have a bank account or do not want to merge their spending with savings, they can simply buy prepaidgiftbalance cards. These cards help manage one’s own money while spending and can be reloaded just like debit cards.
Buying prepaid cards
Those who want to buy prepaid cards can visit any online site that sells these cards. These cards are sold by many card merchants, either online or at their kiosks. Simple steps to buy these prepaid cards are:
- Go to the nearby kiosk or visit the online website.
- Fill out the necessary details and information in the form.
- Choose the amount that one can load on the card.
- Pay for the card and the loaded value using cash, PayPal, or bank transfer.
These cards come in a large number of varieties, as they differ in their features and benefits. Some are closed-loop cards that can be used only in a few places, whereas there are open looped cards that one can use for various purposes. Some features of these cards are:
- Expiry: every card has an expiry date, which one should check beforehand. One should be careful to use the balance on the card before it expires.
- Reloading: the prepaid cards can be reloaded time and again to keep using the card. Give the card a balance prepaid gift check.
- ATM: these cards are just like debit cards and have a PIN and chip on it. Thus can be used at ATM to withdraw money as well.
- Fees: most common charges levied by these cards are activation fees, reloading fees, monthly fees, etc.
- Limits: many prepaid cards do not allow the spender to reload or spend more than a certain amount at a single time.
Pros of prepaid cards
Some benefits of prepaid cards are:
- No over-spending: one can check on their spending habits and reduce the chances of overspending.
- No cash: one will not have to carry cash with them, as these cards work exactly how credit/debit cards do.
- There is no need to have any bank account or worry about a credit score before buying the card.
Cons of prepaid cards
Some banes of prepaid gift balance cards are:
- Expiry: the card may expire while there is still some balance left on it.
- Restrictions: some cards tend to impose restrictions on various things and also charge high fees.
- No credit benefit: when one spends less, pays their dues in time, etc., using cards, the credit score tends to increase. Using these cards will not give any such benefit.
Prepaid cards or cash cards are fun to use, as they do not have banking regulations behind it. One can use them to check on their spending habits and gift them to someone as cash cards.